Filing a Claim
Life Insurance Claims Frequently Asked Questions
1. As an individual, how do I start a claim?
To begin the claims process, complete the online PDF of the Claimant Statement; print and sign it, scan it or take a photograph of it, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will begin the processing. Please include a death certificate.
Alternatively, you can complete the Claimant Statement, sign it, and mail it to us at the address below:
12115 Lackland Road
St. Louis, MO 63146
2. If I am with a funeral home or a funding company, how do I verify benefits and start the claims process?
For funeral homes and funding companies, please fill out the form C-0042 Life Claim Benefit Verification Request, and email it to us at email@example.com. You can also fax the form to us at 1-866-341-6992 or 1-866-634-6992.
3. How long does it take to verify benefits?
For most life claims, benefits are verified within 24 hours.
4. What is needed to submit a claim?
Claims generally require:
- Completed Claimant Statement
- Death Certificate
- If the policy is less than 2 years old, includes accidental death benefits, or the insured has been divorced, other documents may be required
5. How long will it take to process a claim?
Each claim is unique and deserves the appropriate amount of attention. While we do not know how long a specific claim may take to review and process, we strive to accurately process all claims in a timely and efficient manner.
6. How will you communicate with me after I have submitted a claim, and how often?
You will receive an acknowledgment letter (via postal mail) soon after submitting your claim. We will update you in writing approximately every three weeks to provide you with the status of your claim.
7. If I have a question, how can I get in touch with you?
Please call us at 800.777.8467. Our call center is open from 7:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. CT Monday through Friday
Commonly Requested Forms for Filing a Life Claim