Kemper Personal Insurance Renters Coverage
Flexible Coverage Options for Renters
If you rent your home, your landlord typically doesn’t provide insurance for damage or loss to your possessions or for your personal liability. That’s why it’s important to have renters insurance.
Kemper Personal Insurance provides two types of renters policies: Kemper Prime Home Essentials, and Kemper Prime Home Enhanced.* Both policies provide these important protections:
- Property – Helps cover damage or loss to your personal belongings from perils including fire, lightning, smoke, and burglary.
- Liability – If you are found legally responsible for unintentionally damaging someone’s property or causing injury, liability helps cover associated costs in a covered loss, such as medical payments, and your legal expenses.
Kemper Prime Home Enhanced includes valuable added protections such as broader coverage for personal property, water backup coverage, and help with expenses, like getting your credit restored if your identity is stolen.
This policy also includes our Blanket Property Limit, which expands coverage by combining the limits of multiple property coverage categories into a single “blanket” or maximum of coverage.
Renters Insurance Frequently Asked Questions
What discounts and savings options are available?
Several discounts and saving opportunities are available to help keep your costs down, including:
- Package – When you insure both your renters and auto with Kemper Personal Insurance.
- Military – For active and retired members of the military, and Junior and Senior Cadets at a military academy.
- Protective devices - Including alarms / detectors.
Can I add coverage for valuables?
Yes, you can add coverage for your valuables with our Scheduled Personal Property and Blanket Valuable Items endorsements - protection for everything from collectibles to jewelry to antiques.
Is there a coverage option available for appliances?
Yes, you can help protect your important household appliances and systems with Equipment Breakdown coverage for minimal extra cost.
Where can I go to find an independent insurance agent in my neighborhood?
You can find a local independent insurance agent through our Find an Agent tool.
How can interested independent agents get appointed to sell Kemper Personal Insurance?
Interested agents can apply by filling out this form.
*Products vary in North Carolina. This material is for general informational purposes only. Products, services, and discounts referenced herein are not available in all states or in all underwriting companies. All statements are subject to the terms, exclusions and conditions of the applicable policy. In all instances, current policy contract language prevails. Coverage is subject to individual policyholders meeting our underwriting qualifications and state availability. Other terms, conditions and exclusions may apply.