Isn't my landlord responsible for insuring my apartment
or rental home?
In these economic times, more people are choosing to rent than to buy a home. If you rent, your landlord may not be responsible for damage or loss to your possessions or for your personal liability. Your valuables should be protected, regardless.
When you choose to buy a Kemper Preferred Renters policy, your valuables may be covered for losses resulting from:
- Fire and lightning
- Smoke damage
- Windstorm and hail
- Theft, burglary and robbery
- Vandalism or malicious acts
- Window glass damage in the rented space (if insured is liable)
- Falling objects
- Collapse caused by weight of ice, snow and sleet
- Accidental discharge of water from plumbing, heating, air conditioning or household appliances
- Freezing in plumbing, heating, air conditioning or household appliances
And, you may have coverage for:
- Additions or alterations
- Additional living expense
- Personal property at home and away from home
- Credit card, fund transfer card, forgery and counterfeit money
- Damage to property of others
- Debris removal
Be sure to ask your agent today about Renters discounts that may be available to you.
What else do I need to know?
- You can add coverage for your valuables with our Scheduled Personal Property, Blanket Valuable Items and Personal Electronic Equipment endorsements—protection for everything from collectibles to home theater systems
- Find out more about our Auto insurance
- Additional liability protection is available
Kemper Preferred can help you with your Renters insurance needs. Talk to your Independent Agent today. If you don’t have an agent, find one now.
All statements are subject to the terms, exclusions and conditions of the applicable policy. In all instances current policy contract language prevails. Products, services and discounts referenced herein are not available in all states or in all underwriting companies. Coverage is subject to individual policyholders meeting our underwriting qualifications and state availability. Other terms, conditions and exclusions may apply.