Personal Auto Insurance
Whether you own or lease, Kemper has an Auto policy that’s right for you. And we stand by you with Claims service that's rated among the best in the industry.
Standard and preferred Auto
Your vehicles are important to you. Ask your Kemper agent about our coverages, deductibles and limits. You can customize you standard and preferred Auto policy with the following enhancements:
Kemper Total™—protection in the event your vehicle is significantly damaged due to a covered loss
- While most insurers only pay actual cash value (ACV), we may pay the amount necessary to repair the vehicle or pay you the amount necessary to buy a “new vehicle,” whichever is less. A new vehicle is one that has not been previously titled or is the latest model year available at the time
- Available for brand-new leased or purchased vehicles
- Standard rental reimbursement is doubled (in states where available)
- Auto Loan/Lease is included
Auto Loan/Lease—sometimes called "Gap" insurance, this is protection in the event your vehicle is declared a “total loss”
- Pays the difference between your vehicle’s actual cash value (ACV) and the outstanding amount on your loan or lease
- Available for new or used vehicles that are not more than 3 model years old
- Adds about 5 percent to your physical damage premium amount
- Comes with your policy when you buy Kemper Total
Parked Auto—protection for your vehicle when it's legally parked
- With Parked Auto, if your vehicle is legally parked and unoccupied when it’s damaged as a result of a crash, we’ll waive your Collision deductible on a covered loss
Savings on standard and preferred Auto insurance
Immediate savings—to ensure you have the coverage you need, and to help keep your costs down, ask your Independent Agent about these discounts:
- Anti-lock Brakes
- Anti-theft Devices
- Away at School
- Driver Training
- Good Student
- Sr. Operator Defensive Driving Course
- Package Plus
- Passive Restraint/Airbags
High-risk non-standard Auto
Low-cost Auto insurance you can trust
Looking for way to save on auto insurance? You're in luck. Kemper has low-cost auto insurance options that meet the needs of a wide variety of drivers. Whether you are an agency looking for an auto insurance company or a driver needing car insurance, Kemper has you covered. Contact a local independent agency to find out more.
Here are some of the products and services we offer:
Kemper EZPaySM text cancel alerts
Text messages alert you when your policy is in danger of canceling. Stay alert—receive an alert via text message right to your mobile phone. Pay anywhere, anytime—we'll include a link to let you pay right from your phone. Sign up today.
Flat tire? Dead battery? Need a tow? Locked out of your car? With the purchase of Roadside Assistance from Kemper, one call puts you in touch instantly with the help you need. For just pennies a day, it’s an affordable option to get assistance with these services and more.
Have a suspended, revoked or canceled driver’s license? Kemper offers an affordable SR-22 option to help drivers get back on the road quickly.
Reconditioned Vehicle program
We say "yes" when our competitors have to say "no" to salvage title vehicles. Nearly 2.5 million vehicles are totaled each year, and one in 15 cars on the road today have been rebuilt from the junk yard. Kemper has a program that accepts most compromised or salvaged vehicles.
Broad Form coverage
Unlike most auto policies, Broad Form Named Operator coverage (Broad Form) provides insurance on a specific driver, not the car. It’s an affordable car insurance option, because Broad Form customers pay one low price whether they own one car or more.
Discounts on non-standard Auto insurance
Kemper helps you save money with affordable car insurance options.
- Kemper EZPaySM Auto Recurring Payments—Save time and money with Kemper EZPaySM Auto Recurring Payment plans. Customers who sign up for Auto Recurring Payment plans enjoy the benefit of a lower down payment and installment fees plus the convenience of having their premiums deducted automatically from a bank account, or credit or debit card on a monthly basis. Sign up today
- Paid in Full discount—Policies that have the full amount paid at the beginning of the Auto policy period receive a discount
- Prior Insurance discount—Keeping an Auto insurance policy active is rewarded at Kemper. Keep your car insurance rates low with our Prior Insurance discount
- Residence discount—Customers that either own their dwelling or have a Renters policy are eligible for a discount on their Auto policy
- Multi-car discount—Lower car insurance rates are available for drivers who have more than one vehicle on their policy
What else do I need to know?
- Find out more about our Home insurance
- Additional liability protection is available
- With our Package Plus policy, you can enjoy one-bill convenience, additional coverage, a discount on your Auto and Homeowners premium and Blanket Property Limit (BPL)
Kemper can help you with your Auto insurance needs. Talk to your Independent Agent today. If you don’t have an agent, find one now.
Kemper Personal and Commercial Lines provides products and services for individuals, families and businesses who want protection for their homes, vehicles and other valuables and sells through an exclusive network of independent agencies.
Kemper Specialty California provides specialty personal Auto insurance in the state of California through Independent Agents to customers who may have had difficulties obtaining or maintaining insurance in the past.
Kemper Direct provides Auto, Home and Renters insurance to people who are comfortable buying insurance directly online or by phone with one of our licensed professionals.
All statements are subject to the terms, exclusions and conditions of the applicable policy. In all instances current policy contract language prevails. Products, services and discounts referenced herein are not available in all states or in all underwriting companies. Furthermore, the products and prices of our various Kemper business segments differ. Coverage is subject to individual policyholders meeting the applicable underwriting qualifications and state availability. Other terms, conditions and exclusions may apply.